Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Warrior Dash...Resurrected!

I mentioned in my last post that I was super bummed because I was not going to get to do Warrior Dash in Tulsa on September 24th. My sister and some friends were already signed up for the 1:00 wave, and I couldn't find anybody to do it with me in a different time slot...and something like that would not be nearly as fun to do by yourself...so I pouted a little, and finally accepted the fact that I was going to miss out on all this:

Running through fire....(photo source)

Swimming over logs...(photo source)

Crawling through mud pits...(photo source)

And getting to wear one of these fancy warrior helmets...(photo source)
But my hopes and dreams have been given a second chance! (Don't act like you're not jealous...)

I got the email early yesterday morning with the good news...a $30 Groupon for Warrior Dash! Warrior Dash was originally $50, but after August 28th, it went up to $60 if you registered through the Warrior Dash website. So by this time, had I registered yesterday without the Groupon, I would've had to pay 60 bucks...to potentially kill myself...yikes! Needless to say, I was really excited. $30 for potentially killing myself is far more worth it ;) And even better...turns out it is easier to recruit people when it's $30 vs. $50-$60! My sister is still doing the 1:00 wave, and when the Groupon went on sale, there were only a few waves left: 9:00am, 3:30pm and 4:00 pm. So I found a few friends...two of them were in my sorority during my undergrad years, one I am in grad school with...and one of my sorority sisters recruited her roommate too...so we are looking at a party of 5 for the Warrior Dash! I'm pretty excited :)

The $30 Groupon for Warrior Dash - Tulsa is still available for about 9 more hours, so if you want to join in on the fun, act quickly before all the slots open up! The 3:30pm and 9:00am time slots are now full, but 4:00 is still available AND they actually opened a couple more slots at 8:30am and 4:30pm. And go figure...I just looked at the website, and there just so happens to be 1 new opening for the 1:00 wave...the one my sister is doing...but oh well...you win some, you lose some. And I'm just happy to say that I now consider my Warrior Dash crises a win :)

I am really looking forward to the race. Now it is time to get my game face on...I have been a serious slacker in the running department lately (I'd like the thank the 110 degree heat for that...). BUT I did get up a little early this morning to go for a 2 mile run, and I'm planning on swinging by the gym after work for some weight lifting. Bring it on Warrior Dash! Let the training begin! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment