Friday, January 28, 2011

30 Day Blog Journal - Day 3!


It is time for Day 3 of my 30 day blog journal....and the topic today is...
My favorite television show! 

As you probably have suspected by now, I don't know how to limit it to just one, so...sorry about that. Honestly, I don't have a favorite show...most the time I am annoyed with myself that I even waste time watching TV at all, but those shows just suck me in sometimes.  So here goes...I'll mention a few that I DVR and watch regularly.  I say DVR because if I almost never watch anything live. I absolutely hate commercials, and I honestly wouldn't pay for my Dish Network if it didn't involve a DVR!


I started watching One Tree Hill in it's second season because Tyler Hilton was on it, playing as Chris Keller.  I had met him through a friend of a friend of my dad's once, and my older sister is actually pretty good friends with him...so I started watching it then, and even though he hasn't been on it in a few seasons, I've gotten sucked in.  I even went back and watched season one to get myself up to speed...haha.


I know, I know....even though I'm a little embarrassed to admit it, I do watch the Young and the Restless. My oldest sister used to force us to always watch in during the summers when we were home from school, and I always hated it except when they would show scenes about Nick and Sharon. Well...now that's not really the case...and this may sound silly, but the main reason I watch it is to 1) laugh at how stupid the drama really is and 2) stay connected with my sis.  My first year at the University of Arkansas, I went to visit her when she lived in central Oklahoma for about a week, and I watched it with her every day while I was there. After I got home I started recording it and have pretty much since.  I don't get to see her or talk to her a whole lot, but sometimes when things get really pathetic on Y&R one of us will call the other just to say, "Can you believe this?!" haha...I know it's silly, but there you have it.


haha...I just LOVE Reba. This show I purely watch for mindless entertainment. They are all reruns now, but Lifetime continues to air them, so I have been recording them over the past few months and watching all the old episodes.  She is just too funny!


And last but not least, I am a bit addicted to Army Wives.  I am looking forward to the new season, which I believe is supposed to start sometime in March...lucky me, right about the time that my boyfriend leaves for Iraq! haha. I think I have teared up if not flat out cried in almost every episode, so I'm sure that will only make it worse now that I can actually relate to some of it, but I have always had a soft spot in my heart for military guys and their families.  I love my soldier and I am proud to stand behind him.

So that's it...those are the primary shows I watch! I also watch American Idol, but I don't really like it until the good singers actually get on...the stupid auditions kill me. But I am kinda excited about Steven Tyler being a judge this year. I also watch an occasional South Park episode...sometimes they just make me laugh, even though the fat kid makes me want to punch him EVERY single time.  The boyfriend is a fan of Tosh.O and The Colbert Report, so we usually watch those together too.

That's it for now...I still need to post part 2 of my "getting disciplined with money" rant that I started back in November...which I fully intend to do, and will probably update occasionally on how all of that is going!

What are some of your favorite TV shows?

1 comment:

  1. Whoo hoo! I love that I knew most of your movies and TV shows!

    ReplyDelete