Thursday, January 27, 2011

30 Day Blog Journal - Day 2!


So my 30 Day Blog Journal continues with Day 2 - my favorite movie!

My favorite movies don't really change as often as my favorite songs...sometimes I may add one to the list and then later on down the road it might not make the cut if you were to ask me again, but the true favorites I stay faithful to! And here they are....

Top Gun has been my all-time favorite for as long as I can remember. This movie was actually made the year I was born...but I love it. It is completely responsible for my bucket list item of wanting to ride in a fighter jet someday! Unfortunately the F-14 tomcat has been retired...and now the legit fighter jets no longer have room for Goose (they are one-seaters now)...so I might have to learn how to fly it myself instead...

 A Lot Like Love has been a favorite since I discovered it during my sophomore year of college.  It is so RANDOM, and that's what I love about it! And let's face it...I am a sucker for a romance story that is not so typical ;)

Next we have the Bourne series.  I figured I couldn't really split these apart...gotta have the whole story, right? :) But I own all 3 and think they are just fantastic. And the best part...they are in chronological alphabetical order, which helps my OCD because all of my DVDs are arranged on the shelf alphabetically! (Unfortunately the Oceans movies are not...ugh and it bugs me!)


And last but not least....Oliver and Company! I figured I HAD to include my favorite Disney movie...which is kinda funny, because I'm not a huge fan of cats, but I just can't help myself...I love Oliver :)

Well that's it ladies and gentlemen...a list of Lauren's favorite movies! There are others that were very close, but just didn't make the cut.

On another note...I ran 2 miles today, and I was able to cut 1 minute and 25 seconds off my time from the 2 miles I did yesterday! I am so excited to get into the running habit...it takes me a bit to work back up to where I can run the long distances, but I am planning on 2.5 miles tomorrow, and hoping to be on track to run a 5K again (just over 3 miles) by the end of next week! By the way, I am LOVING this weather.  This time two years ago TODAY I was sitting at home with no power, two inches of ice on the ground, and my totaled car (from wrecking it the day before on an icy bridge) had a tree on top of it in my driveway!

What are some of your favorite movies? And since I forgot to ask yesterday, what have some of your new years resolutions/goals been for 2011? I want to hear about them! Have a blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment